Friday, July 7, 2006

Today's the day

Today it will happen. I will finish backing up the little bits of things I have yet to back up (and I know where they are and I have a plan for the backing up of those things) and then I will get my husband to wipe my hard drive, take two of my three partitions and make them into one, reinstall Windows, and get the Internet working on my computer again. Then will begin the process of reinstalling the programs that I do use and getting my settings/e-mails/etc. back from the backup drive and onto my computer and reintegrated with the appropriate programs. I am excited but I am scared. I am also working tonight starting at 4 p.m. (which means leaving the house by 2 p.m. in my current public transit state) so I won't be around to see much of the stuff that I'm going to ask my husband to do for me. This is also kind of scary (not that I don't trust him; it's just kind of like leaving your sick child in the hands of someone else while you have to be elsewhere for a while) but really there's nothing I could do to help him in the event that something bad happened anyway. I don't have those kinds of computer smarts; he does. Bye for now, everyone...hopefully I will be reporting a successful reinstallation of everything by the end of tomorrow.

No comments: