Wednesday, July 19, 2006

:)

(Those of you who know me, please pardon the blanking out of all my personal info on that photo; this blog isn't public but I just want to be careful.) Cool, I can now do errands without having to bug someone (with a valid class G license and at least 5 years of licensed driving experience) to sit in the passenger seat for me. I have a meeting to drive myself to tonight, so that works out well. I had a nice driving examiner. I was a little concerned when near the end of the test she made a small noise and covered her face with her hands, but it turned out she was just tired...she'd had trouble sleeping the night before because she'd been too excited. Excited about testing me? No (although I also had trouble sleeping last night due to test-induced nervousness); she'd been excited because she's getting a motorcycle on Saturday. And not just any motorcycle...a Harley. Well, she was happy enough to chat about that for a while...when we got back to the parking lot and parked and she was still chatting for a while, she had to stop herself and she basically said, "Oops, I'm chatting and not marking." Anyway, she congratulated me, the lady who gave me the paper photographed above congratulated me, my dad congratulated me (even though I asked him to drive me home when the test was over...I did enough driving practicing for my test between 11 a.m. and 12:15 p.m. once we got up to the Aurora DriveTest centre, and then during the test itself of course...I needed a break :)), my mom congratulated me (on my cell phone, with that excited screechy voice we women can get when we're really, really happy), Martin congratulated me (on my cell, after he called my mom to make sure my test was over and to get an idea of how it went), Jen congratulated me (she asked me to call her at work), and I'm sure the congratulating isn't over for the day, but I am feeling happy. Not looking forward to prepping for my meeting, but I'm happy :). This calls for ice cream. Later...

2 comments:

WestsideKef said...

You're right it's not done.

CONGRATZ!!

I'm glad it worked out for you and you didn't feel too nervous and all that stuff.

GO JOY!!

Joy said...

:)...thanks, Kef :)