Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The sound of music...

I went to my host school's senior Christmas concert today. (The music dept. decided to have a junior and a senior concert rather than the "marathon" concert they've apparently had in the past; today's concert ran 7 p.m. until 9:30 p.m. as it was, with a 10-minute intermission partway through, so I'm glad they've switched to the two-concert format.) I realized at this concert that I still love music - live choirs, stage bands, orchestras, wind symphonies, and chamber groups, A.C.I. has it all, and they were all good. I need to get out to see the TSO or something again sometime. I should get myself some jazz CDs ('cuz I still love the stage bands, apparently, even when I don't know anyone in them). I should pull out the classical albums that I do have and listen to them more (but then, I do most of my listening to music in the car these days...bringing my "the most relaxing classical album ever" CD into my driving probably would put me to sleep and would not be a good idea...but I think I have other CDs that could work). I doubt, however, that I will ever go back to playing music, though I have fond memories of the times when I did do that (flute, keyboard, recorder, clarinet, bass clarinet, piccolo, guitar, viola...I've tried them all). I just hate practicing, and I don't think I could ever bear to put a reed in my mouth again . Perhaps when I start learning how to organize my time better and life settles down more (will that ever happen?), I will join the church choir again. I'll have to see.

Anyway, I am actually going to get some rest now...and then get up and do some more practicum planning :-P. Thankfully tomorrow night I won't have to plan anything for Friday's practicum as my 3 classes on Friday are writing full-period tests (which my host teacher is preparing). I still have lab reports to mark, a "quest" (it's a long quiz or a short test) to put together and some assignments to do for York, but, seeing as they are not urgent, for one night at least I will let myself get some rest rather than worry about such things as those. I am back at York next Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday...and hopefully after that I can get my Christmas shopping done, yikes!

Good night for now...

No comments: