Saturday, December 9, 2006

I'm in!

I've finally been given the link to make my blog into a Blogger Beta blog. The old blog wasn't perfect and this new beta blog isn't perfect, either, but I think I will stick with the beta version for now. I don't know how to get the "recent comments" feature to work with this new version (I tried just copying and pasting the code into the html section of a text block, but I guess the things the code makes reference to for the old version aren't the same in the new version and so the behaviour it produced when I tried to use it was very odd), so that will have to be scrapped. You'll just have to check for yourselves whether the number of comments at the bottoms of the entries has gone up or not (if you want to read other people's comments), just like I have to do on your blogs (for those of you that have and update them and that I check) :-P. I do like the ability to add labels to your posts right within Blogger; I'd tried doing that through del.icio.us before, but it got cumbersome. I've only added labels to November's posts so far but hopefully I'll get them all labelled eventually.

I got the car serviced today; first time I've been the one to take the car in, so I took hubby along for moral support and to help me know what to do. Our dealership owns the Country Style next door, so we got free hot chocolate (well, the coupons were actually for hot chocolate, which we don't really drink; we bought donuts to go along with our hot chocolate, too). There is a lot of comfortable seating at our dealership as well as TVs to watch and computers on which you can surf the Internet and bookshelves with a variety of books on them, so it's easy to keep oneself entertained...though I did find it annoying that someone seemed to be watching something on TV that must have been like American Idol because it involved a lot of singing and a LOT of annoying, screaming, probably teenage female fans. Anyway, although my car took about an hour and a half to get the servicing it needed this time around (oil/lube/filter, 55 point inspection, tire rotation and balancing), I was comfortable and was able to finish marking the quizzes my students wrote on Thursday.

Just before we went to the dealership I bought a new copy of Eragon so hubby would have something to entertain him, too; he wanted to read it anyway since the movie is coming out next week, and I can't find my original copy anywhere and didn't have time to borrow it from anyone else prior to our car service appointment. Hubby seems to be enjoying it so far. I am looking forward to the release of the movie next week, though the trailer seems to indicate to me that some things have been changed from the book. I wonder if all 3 books are going to go to the screen? I wonder if it will take longer for the 3rd book to come out because of all the movie-making? Anyway, not bad for a homeschooled kid to have his first novel gain such popularity as well as a Hollywood production.

Well, I am going to go continue enjoying the weekend now (I suppose I should do some more marking at some point, too). As Brom would say, "May your swords always stay sharp."

No comments: