Monday, January 1, 2007

Happy New Year!

Last night my mother-in-law and I were both home with no plans for New Year's other than keeping ourselves entertained, so we rented 3 videos and watched them back to back. She provided dinner and popcorn and drinks, I provided chocolate, and the videos took us until 11:56 p.m. to watch. Then we channel-surfed the various New Year's celebrations being broadcast on the TV. After that, I think she pretty much went to bed, though I did hear her walking around now and then upstairs after that; I stayed up for a bit to see some virtual fireworks go off in WoW and then to read my book for a while. I went to bed about 3:30 a.m. but one of the cats was yowling loudly on and off for a while thereafter so I'm not sure when I went to sleep. Anyway, I was feeling a lot better already while watching videos last night, though my nose was still stuffy when I went to bed; feeling a little better this morning, too (the strange sleep pattern and lack of a full night's rest might have set me back a little, but not too much). I think I'm close to kicking this cold, which is nice. Today I'll be off to see my parents and brother and sister-in-law and nieces and nephews for my family's "Christmas"; apparently at least some of my nieces and nephews are still sleeping and Martin hasn't yet returned from Amy and Irek's so my mom has decided to move our dinner up to 4 p.m. (it was originally going to be a late lunch kind of deal but looks like we'll eat our own lunches now and get together for dinner instead). Ah, more rest, hooray! I hope you all had good celebrations and/or good rest last night and that the new year will bring much you much joy. Hopefully this will be the year in which I become gainfully employed, as scary as that is...

Happy New Year, everyone!

No comments: