Monday, October 2, 2006

Just a little more...

I now have only this remaining on my homework to-do list for today:
- read 4 articles to prepare for Wednesday's debate (and make notes and such...can you tell I'm avoiding this?)
- see if Martin will still proofread for me a 4-page double-spaced paper I'm handing in tomorrow (I've already looked over it again myself).

Besides checking off the other things that were formerly on my to-do list, I've:
- confirmed through FitDay that as long as I take my vitamin tonight, I don't need to eat any more food to meet my basic nutritional requirements for today (apparently I'm still lacking in vitamin K, magnesium and potassium but I'm not going to worry about those at the moment); looks like the strategies I used when making up this week's meal plan are working
- swept and mopped the kitchen and bathroom floors

Alright, I'm going to read a bit for pleasure, then dive into the debate-related articles. Deep breaths. Hopefully my preparation tonight will go well and my meeting with my teammate tomorrow won't go late enough to interfere with my going to Bible study, but I'll have to see. Later...

2 comments:

WestsideKef said...

Hey! Haven't commented in a while but thought I would inject a little advice on Fitday. A lot of the foods that you eat don't have ALL the nutrients accounted for. For instance, you are most likely getting way more Vitamin K than you think. Take a look at most, (amost all) panels on foods and you won't find K, but that doesn't mean it isn't in there.

Joy said...

True that...most labels only give what I guess food labelling regulations have decided are the most important 4 percentages when it comes to the vitamins and minerals - Vitamins A and C along with calcium and iron. I think the only custom food I've entered that gave more detail was Yoplait Source yogurt. Like I said, though, I'm not especially concerned about the few values that FitDay says I'm missing the mark on. I don't even completely trust all the values it *does* give me for the various foods. I'm just using it as a rough guideline.