Saturday, October 21, 2006

Hallowe'en...a work in progress.


One of the other teacher candidates in my program was a nutritionist (one of those special ones that stresses organic food and so on...can't think of the special name at the moment) and, in response to posts a bunch of us were making on our FirstClass system in the first week of school about how amazingly hungry we were finding ourselves during our observation week in our practicum schools, has offered to give us a free nutrition seminar over one of our lunch hours, including discussion of what happens to our bodies in times of stress. A lot of us expressed interest, so she's invited us all to the seminar she has now planned...to take place at lunchtime on Hallowe'en. She has promised prizes if we come in costume...and that's all the excuse I needed :). I love dressing up for Hallowe'en, but I hate dressing up in "the usual" ideas that people come up with...I insist on being original...but it's so hard for me to think of original ideas sometimes. Anyway, I was in the dollar store today looking for something for a group presentation I'm involved in (that's also on Hallowe'en), and I saw a couple things...and all the ideas I had formerly been considering for my costume went right out the window (perhaps to return in a future year). Hey, when you can build your Hallowe'en costume for $3 plus tax plus items you already have around the house, why not. I've put a picture of my idea here. Yes, I will be wearing socks with my sandals...it will almost be November and my toes are too cold-sensitive not to wear the socks...but everything that I'm pretending isn't really there will be black--i.e., the tights, the socks, and probably a black long-sleeved turtleneck under the t-shirt. Anyway, I know it's not Hallowe'en yet, but I don't think any of you will see me in this (oh, unless I wear it to Bible study that night...will we have Bible study that night?), so I'm posting it now :). Ok, got to go do homework now...

No comments: