Saturday, September 16, 2006

The things I get into when I'm sick of doing readings.

New personal best. Blame Miriam for reminding me the game existed ;)...I just couldn't resist the urge to actually beat the 4000 Monkey Meters mark, which is the milestone the sign at the beginning of the game says is where the monkey village is. I don't think I'm all that interested in trying to go further now but you never know :).

I have now finished all the readings I know of that are due Monday. I have readings due Tuesday as well and also want to reorganize the notes I've taken so far, but none of that is going to be looked after tonight. Oh, and I got some dishes done today, too. I didn't do any laundry but I did get stuff that goes in hampers into hampers rather than in miscellaneous piles on the floor--amazing how much difference it makes to the look of a room just to pick up a dozen articles of clothing.

I worked the food station at the carnival today, assembling hotdogs from precooked weiners (the ladies inside boiled them and brought them out to our chafing dishes) and warm buns and handing them out to people. My "shift" started at 10:30 a.m. and it was pretty quiet until about 11:30 a.m., when suddenly everybody in the city wanted a hotdog. I stuck around doing that until about 1 p.m. and then it was quiet enough that I could justify saying to myself, "well, my shift was over half an hour ago anyway and there are now more helpers incoming; I should eat now before I get lightheaded and can't help anymore." After eating my own picnic fare I took off for home to do readings and errands and more readings.

I spent part of this weekend entering all the assignments I know of into 4 calendars (one for my binder where I printed off all the months for the school year I'll need, a 2006 wall calendar, a 2007 wall calendar, and my Palm...and the way I put it into my Palm was kinda convoluted so it was a lot of work...and I wrote them all out list-style for my binder as well) and it was a little scary seeing all my free time seemingly evaporate before my eyes. Really I think it probably looks scarier than it really is and I'll be fine so long as I work consistently, but we'll see.

Oh, for you former ACI folks: I am working with two host teachers at ACI; Mary Kay Baillie and Kathryn DeNoble (née Atkinson). I am with Mrs. Baillie on days 1 and 3 to practice teaching chemistry and with Mrs. DeNoble on days 2 and 4 to practice teaching physics. You'll probably know Mrs. Baillie but if I've got my facts straight Mrs. DeNoble has only been teaching for about 4 years so people around my age and older won't likely have had her as a teacher. Oh, there is a Georgia Mantis doing student teaching at ACI as well who used to be a student there in her high school days. Anyway, let me know if there's anything/anyone you are curious about at ACI and if I know the answer I'll try to give it.

I was going to say something else but I forget. *shrug*. Bye for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the strategy Joy!! With your sage advice and 2 kicks I got my ball to 4053m - considering my last attempts, I've improved by leaps and bounds :)