Friday, September 1, 2006

Good morning

I understand now a little bit more why my husband finds it hard to sleep in on the weekend. See, he usually gets up sometime between 4 and 4:30 a.m. on a given morning to go to work (he starts work at 6 a.m. a fair distance from here and his carpool also likes to leave here earlier than necessary so any potential trouble on the road won't delay them enough to make them late). This week my orientation sessions have started at about 9 (9:30 on the Monday). I, like Martin's carpool, also like to leave earlier than absolutely necessary so that any problems I encounter getting to school (a missed bus, road trouble, etc.) won't make me late. I also take forever to get ready in the morning before I even leave the house, and the earlier I have to get up, the longer it takes (really if I stopped going on the computer and checking my e-mails before I left the house I would probably not need nearly so much time, but then I could miss something I'd need to know that day--I do sometimes get e-mails with important stuff in them I need for the day, or suddenly notice on the GO Transit site that my route is having trouble and that I'll need to allow myself some extra time, for example...though more often than not I just get the e-mails that sidetrack me and make me wish I hadn't gone on my e-mail system that day). Anyway, due to all this I, too, have been getting up around 4 a.m. in the mornings (some days later than others, but still early). Today, though, I have a day off and have all the time in the world to sleep in...and I woke up about 6:30 a.m. feeling pretty awake. I decided that was too early to get up and tried to go back to sleep, but once one is in that pretty-awake stage one's bladder seems to feel that it is then appropriate to constantly bug one about the fact that it needs some looking after, keeping one from falling asleep until one does so. So annoying. Anyway, I did do some more dozing this morning, but I am still up earlier than I had expected to be. Tonight we have a BBQ with some of Martin's family that may go late, so I will let myself sleep in again tomorrow morning if necessary but will then start implementing an attempt to get up and go to bed at the same time every day.

I am learning that a disadvantage of writing long posts like I've been doing for a while is that it is harder to bring oneself to go back and proofread them in their entirety. This morning I corrected a few mistakes I made in yesterday's entry, though I may well have missed some more. Anyway, if anything I type here ever doesn't make sense to you, feel free to point it out...I am anal enough to go back and fix my mistakes/things that need clarification, after all.

That's really all I have to say for myself this morning. Off to finish some e-mails I've started and carry on with the rest of my day (like laundry and taking hubby to a new dentist...he's going to try my dentist out and see if he likes him). Talk to you later...

No comments: