Friday, September 8, 2006

Ever wish you had three of you? Apparently I actually do.

I just got an e-mail from Joy McCourt. This was very strange because that is my name, too (I don't usually put my personal information in here, but I will make an exception here). Every time I've Googled my own name in the past I've only run into mention of people who were no longer alive as far as I could tell...after I got this e-mail, though, and I ran the search again, I found reference to two Joy McCourts other than myself who are currently alive (one of them may be the one who e-mailed me as it is consistent with the province she says she's from, although I am clarifying this). Feels weird to have a namesake out there, but I guess a lot of people have namesakes. After all, when I was at a staff meeting at my host school Tuesday and it came time for one of the teachers to give a presentation of some "professional development" information, the paper that he made reference to was written by someone with the same name as Kef.

Oh, yes, by the way, I have survived my first week in my host school, though it was only a four-day week so I don't know if that counts. If I have time later this weekend I'll tell you more about my experience, but I don't know if I will have time. *shrug* Off to make dinner now.

No comments: