Monday, August 14, 2006

Just some randomness...

I'm level 34 in WoW now. Just thought you'd all like to know. Only one more level before I can try the artisan first aid quest, hooray! I'm glad that's no longer only doable at level 40-and-up. (I wonder if they changed the starting level for the cooking quest, too? Hmm, something to check out...) I also have 11 honourable kills (kills of players of the opposite faction that are within a certain level range of myself). I don't like killing other players much, but when they start the fight I'd rather finish them off if I can than have to run back to my corpse. I allowed myself only about a half-hour playing this morning and then I promised myself I could play again if I got a couple certain things accomplished I had planned for today. I got most of what I'd planned to do today done so I got to play again for a few hours tonight after dinner. Tomorrow morning server maintenance will happen from about 8 a.m. to about 2 p.m. so I will be forced not to play during that time. Tomorrow is my first official "Tuesday is errand day" day anyway so I will be kept occupied anyway; this just ensures that I will hopefully get done what I have planned for tomorrow (such as planning my Sunday school lesson for this coming Sunday).

I went for a walk today. I love getting my heart rate up. I like getting my exercise in first thing in the morning (once breakfast is looked after) to energize me for the rest of the day and give me a sense of accomplishment. I even like sweating. I don't enjoy dealing with the cold, wet clothes once I get back to the house and I'm cooled down, but I like the warmth and knowing that I'm working hard during the walk itself. I accidentally walked down one side street too far at one point and added 0.4 km to my usual route (oh noes!). In other health-related news, I'm beginning to enjoy fruit cups as a dessert item (mandarin orange slices in a light syrup or applesauce cups is what I've been doing so far), so I don't find myself looking for less healthy sweets much (I also don't have much by way of less healthy sweets in the house now unless I want to go to the trouble of making a hot chocolate or raiding the chocolate chips--which are semi-sweet rather than milk chocolate and thus don't really do it for me anyway). I've also followed pretty well the menu plan I made myself for about the past week and I have made a new one for about another week, plus when I went shopping last week I pretty much only got what was on my list and I think that will happen again when I go again tomorrow or Wednesday. At this point I am not doing any of this to lose weight, just to be healthier.

In environmental news, line-drying is still good. It still makes me feel older doing it, but not as old as it used to; now I just feel grown-up as opposed to an old washerwoman. My DMIL is also trying to save on the power bill and this hopefully is helping that, too. I bought some plastic clothespins with rubbery tips at the dollar store; they are colourful, they work well for me, they are fun. Yayness. When I am doing a lot of laundry and I don't know how to fit it all on the clothesline "tree" outside, I hang stuff on hangers from the pipes in the laundry room like we always used to do with the odd thing (and delicates) year-round.

And just because Kef has told us some of his wrong number stories and I have heard Emma tell a good one in person, too, I have to tell you that someone called me by accident today as well. I will steal Kef's formatting.

Me: Hello?
Random Clueless Woman: (silence)...hello?
Me: Hellooo?
RCW: Oh, do I have the wrong number?
Me (in head): And you are asking me this because I am supposed to know if you were actually trying to reach me or not how?
Me (aloud): Who are you trying to reach?
RCW: (pause) oh...oh, yes, I think I do have the wrong number. Sorry.
Me (in head): Thank you for answering my question.
Me (aloud): That's okay. Goodbye. (or some such thing)

Me (in head): Watch me be the person she was really trying to reach and call back now.

Thankfully she did not call back, but her question made me want to go, "Duh!" This is not as good as the other wrong number stories I have heard but it is mine :).

Off to bed now as I am trying to try to train myself to wake up at a decent hour...school is fast arriving, after all. As is a 10 a.m. dentist appointment on Wednesday :-P. Goodnight for now...

1 comment:

WestsideKef said...

See, I probably would have asked RCW those questions out loud. I am getting phone jaded like that. In related news, wrong number at work today. It may have been RCW.

Me: Good morning, Kevin Wise speaking. [note I said my name]
RCW: Can I speak to Stephanie?
Me: Nope...*click*

Ok, I didn't do that, but I wanted to.