Friday, August 11, 2006

Hmm, title...computer stuff...WoW...structure stuff...yeah, whatever

Now that I have been freed from work responsibilities for the month of August (no, I haven't called them or anything yet...I'm not sure that I'll bother...the break is nice), I have been back to playing World of Warcraft ('cuz really, all those freebie escape-the-room games and such were fun and all, but in comparison to WoW...not so much). When I let my subscription expire a little while ago, I was level 21; now I am level 32 (and I'm actually over halfway through level 32)...so in the week or so that I've been back to it, I've gained about 11 levels. My hubby is level 39 so I am slowly catching up to him >:). I play a human female with brown hair and blue eyes (I had a night elf on another server, but various drama between guild members and such coupled with the desire of the guild to move to a PvP server have led to my abandoning my n'elf)...so original of me, eh? Her name is Jaynda and she is a warlock (my n'elf was a druid...I like the caster classes). Yeah, I know, a warlock is a male witch so you would think my class should actually be that of witch, but that is the WoW terminology. As a warlock, I get to summon various "minions" from the Twisted Nether or wherever demons live in WoW (I don't have all my lore straight) and get them to do my bidding. Currently I can control an imp, a voidwalker, a succubus or a felhunter (you can only have one minion active at any given time). This is handy because casters are pretty weak on their own; having a minion to help you attack something is like having a perma-friend who will always follow you around and help you and never expect you to help them with any quests or argue with you. Oh, well, actually, the imp talks back, but he still does my bidding. Another nice thing about being a warlock is the "Drain Soul" ability. If a monster has been giving me a particularly hard time and I've died trying to kill it, it is rather satisfying at to pop this ability near the end of the eventual successful fight and say, "oh yeah? well, guess what? your soul is mine!"

I'm okay. Really :). I am just having fun with this game and letting it slowly take over my life (no, really, just kidding about that last part :)).

Playing on the computer is not all I'm doing; I'm also slowly working on getting myself into a regular routine around here and looking after errands and such. Life is indeed easier when you can drive (getting to and from Bible study and meetings and to-and-from-the-mall-when-you-buy-so-much-you-wish-you-could drive-oh-but-now-I-can, e.g.)...I haven't been doing that much of it now that I don't have to commute all the way to work, but I have been enjoying it when I have driven. I am trying to get myself back into a regular routine so that I will be ready for the early mornings again when school comes around (I start Aug. 28) and so that the house will not fall apart while I re-adjust to the new structure.

I got the cartoon shown above from my mom via e-mail a while back, but I just came across it again. At first it sparked thoughts of envy, but a feeling that something was missing, and musing about what it was...and then I decided it was probably several things, but definitely two of those things were a fridge for a cold drink and a sink for washing dishes while continuing to check e-mails. Then I decided that setup really isn't ideal for me at all because if it weren't for the dishes and the laundry, there are times when I would be sitting down for far too long. Just kidding (mostly)...I have actually been pretty productive lately. At least I am past the point where I would go to bed at a decent hour and not be tired (partly due to being used to working late nights...I've adjusted now, I think) and be kept awake thinking about what else I had to do in WoW, leading to a late night of playing, a long sleep-in, and not feeling tired again that night...lather, rinse, repeat...not anymore.

But I gotta say, doing dishes would be a lot more fun if I had a voidwalker under my control doing them for me :).

No comments: