Saturday, June 17, 2006

Comment away :)

Oops, sorry, I didn't know I had unmoderate comments to look at...I'm too used to the system on my old blog, where in the post list for the post owner it showed comments listed under each post (plus the comments weren't moderated...you could edit them, but I think comments got posted by default...but then, it's been a long time since I played with my "My MSN Space" blog's settings). I have turned off comment moderation here now...hopefully I won't get any spam comments, since I activated word verification right from the get-go, and I can still edit any spam comments I do get (AFAIK I can edit them, anyway). I am not naïve enough to think that people don't spam guestbooks and comments; I ended up getting rid of the guestbook on my main website because every time I got a notification that there was a new entry requiring approval, it was spam. I just didn't to go through that process (of getting excited about getting a new comment, then being disappointed because it was just spam) anymore. Anyway, I'm talking way too much about this: let's just say that for now, the doors are open for you to add your comments unmoderated to my blog entries (though you still have to go through the word verification process)...let's just hope no spammer comes along and ruins that for everybody.

Edit: now I just have to figure out if I really need an RSS feed...feel free to post your votes as comments on this entry.

Edit 2: I have decided to go ahead and add the "Recent comments" feature available through Blogger to my blog, so you will notice that appearing on the right-hand side of this page. I'm hoping this will help me know when people have posted new comments to my blog entries, so I won't accidentally overlook any, although I have also enabled e-mail notification so that I will get an e-mail whenever one of my fine readers posts a comment. Please note that this only shows comments that are on entries on the page you are viewing; at this point (around 3 pm EST, June 17, 2006), only one entry on this page has comments on it, so only one link shows in the "Recent comments" area, but if you scroll down and visit the link to the June 2006 archive (via the "Archives" section, believe it or not), you will find 3 comments linked, since more entries show on that page than on this one. When you visit pages for individual entries the "Recent comments" area won't show up because there will only be one entry on that page and the comments for such pages automatically show up at the bottom of those pages anyway. I promise not to assume only as many people read my blog as post comments on it, since I know at least three people have read this even though only one person has posted comments at this point--I know not all (if any!) entries call for comments and not everyone will feel inclined to comment in the first place--the ability to comment is just there for those who wish to take advantage of it.

Alright, enough geeking out and more Father's Day shopping...

3 comments:

WestsideKef said...

Lazy people like RSS feeds! That is my vote. I can show you how to do that if you want, (though you are better at the HTML thing so...)

You should allow Anonymous comments. Not everyone is a Blogger like us :)

Joy said...

Whoops, I never even noticed that I wasn't allowing anonymous comments...I will fix that now...thanks for pointing that out.

Joy said...

There, anonymous comments are now allowed.