Saturday, June 17, 2006

Categories are your friends.

I don't know how much any of you pay attention to the right-hand side of this blog, but if you look down a bit on that side, you'll see a "Categories" area. I now assign categories to each of my blog entries. If you read my blog every day (or every time I made a new entry) and have a good memory, you may have no need to look at that feature. It could come in handy, though, if, for example, you wanted to know how my quest to become more environmentally-friendly is going, or if I have talked about my fitness life in a while (which I haven't yet on this blog, though I did go for a half-hour walk yesterday...there you go, that's the first mention of the fitness side of my life in this blog), or if you forgot where that cool link to the musical version of pi was. It's certainly a lot easier to find things in than the "Archive" section down at the bottom. Anyway, I know I'll be using it, so I just thought I'd point that out. I've noticed that I do have to refresh my page after updating the categories of things to get it to recognize new/changed links, though, so if you want to use that feature I suggest you do a refresh (or, as Netscape puts it, reload) as well every time you visit my blog; this is easily done using one of the buttons at the top of your web browser.

No comments: