Sunday, March 18, 2007

Stupid file formats...

This is the part of the show where Joy asks her blog/Facebook readers for help.

Sooo, any of y'all know of a free (legal - i.e., without scamming a program off some p2p network) way to change a .wmv Windows-Media-Player-format movie into something I can stick on my video iPod (like a .avi or a .mov)? All my Googling only turns up programs I'd have to pay for...I downloaded a trial version of one program, but it put an obnoxious fluorescent green watermark right across the screen for the entire duration of the newly-made movie. I'm not really willing to pay for something to do this at this point as I'm not needing to transfer a lot of files, but if there is a free way to do this then I'm all ears.

Oh, and no need to inform me on how to change Windows-Media-Player-format audio into something I can use with iTunes; I've already figgered that one out. It's only the movies I'm concerned about at this point.

No comments: