Wednesday, March 7, 2007

100 questions

One of my Facebook friends posted this and I'm in the kind of lazy mindset to do something like this now, so here goes...

1. How old will you be in five years?
32

2. Who did you spend at least two hours with today?
My host teacher and my husband.

3. How tall are you?
5'5.75" :)

4. What do you look forward to most in the next six weeks?
March Break, baby!

5. What's the last movie you saw?
In the theatre? Epic Movie. It was amusing (though definitely not epic).

6. Who was the last person you called?
No clue who I called last on the land line...on my cell, it was my mom, on Saturday, to clarify details for a family get-together we had that day.

7. Who was the last person to call you?
My husband. He was bored at work and I had a prep period at practicum.

8. What was the last text message you received?
Some marketing message from Rogers, despite the opt-out reply I sent to the last one following their instructions :P.

9. Who was the last person to leave you a voicemail?
I think it was my dentist's office :P.

10. Do you prefer to call or text?
Call...less subject to misinterpretation, and, if they're available, so much more immediate.

11. What were you doing at 12am last night?
Sleeping.

12. Are your parents married/separated/divorced
Married.

13. When is the last time you saw your mom?
Sunday.

14. What color are your eyes?
Blue.

15. What time did you wake up today?
Wake up, or get out of bed? My alarm was set for something around 4:30 a.m. :(.

16. What are you wearing right now?
Sweater, grubby sweatpants, slippers, housecoat. I was dressed up for practicum earlier today but got "comfy" as soon as I came home.

17. What is your favorite Christmas song?
That's a tough one...probably Silent Night.

18. Where is your favorite place to be?
At home.

19. Where is your least favorite place to be?
Right now, I'd have to say outside in the cold.

20. Where would you go if you could go anywhere?
Going back to Israel for a visit might be nice. We didn't visit Eilat when I was there and I think I'd like to check that out, besides going back to some of the spots I liked when I was there in January 2000.

21. Where do you think you'll be in 10 years?
Hmm, I think I'll have had some kids by then and that they'll be in school. I'll probably be teaching. I'm taking things as they come these days and am not thinking that far ahead.

22. Do you tan or burn?
Burn :P.

23. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child?
Ghosts. Slime-based ones that would interfere with the electrical system. If I had a dream where I flipped a light switch and the lights didn't come on, that meant it was a nightmare and the ghosts were after me.

24. What was the last thing that really made you laugh?
I don't remember :(...I am easily amused, but my memory is fleeting.

25. How many TVs do you have in your house?
1

26. How big is your bed?
Double. Not like we use even that much of the surface area :).

27. Do you have a laptop or desktop computer?
Desktop...but I can dream...we are seriously considering exploring the Mac world when we get our next computer.

28. Do you sleep with or without clothes on?
That changes from night to night based on a whole host of factors (do I have the energy to put night stuff on after taking day stuff off, how cold is it outside, does my bedmate have a fever, and, um, other factors that I'm not going to tell you about...)

29. What color are your sheets?
Navy blue

30. How many pillows do you sleep w-ith?
1, but sometimes I steal the corner of Martin's after he gets up.

31. What is your favorite season?
Fall.

32. What do you like about fall?
Crisp-not-cold temperatures, the changing colours, autumn rain, leaves blowing around in the wind, kicking my way through piles of leaves that have accumulated on the sidewalk and haven't been raked yet (this is how I stay young, lol...I also puddle-jump in the spring).

33. What do you like about winter?
Um...hmm...Christmas, my birthday, and my anniversary...and fresh-fallen-not-dirtied-by-cars snow is pretty, from *inside*. Actually, when I experienced the first real snowfall of packing snow this year I actually got pretty excited, I guess because of memories of snowballs and snowmen and snow forts and snow angels and tobogganing and...but really, I am a cold weather wimp :P.

34. What do you like about the summer?
I have no classes and it is warm (and since it's warm I'm more inclined to do enjoyable outdoor things like go see attractions, go for fitness walks, go on short trips with Martin and/or friends, etc.)

35. What do you like about spring?
Its arrival signals the end of winter (yeah, I know, I'm pretty down on winter, lol). Puddle-jumping. New flowers. The return of birdsong.

36. How many states/provinces have you lived in?
1.

37. What cities/towns have you lived in?
Scarborough.

38. Do you prefer shoes, socks, or bare feet?
Shoes, unless I'm at home.

39. Are you a social person?
Surprisingly, I think I'd have to say "yes" now. I like being around people who like me :), and I like to laugh with other people. I start to feel isolated and unliked if I haven't got together with others for a while. However, when tired I still recharge through times alone rather than by getting together with others, and I do protect my alone time, so I'm still classically an introvert.

40. What was the last thing you ate?
Pancakes. For dinner. Yup.

41. What is your favorite restaurant?
I think still Red Lobster, but I haven't been in forever :P.

42. What is your favorite ice cream?
Laura Secord's French and Frosted Mint. Mmmmm.

43. What is your favorite dessert?
I like dessert, period, and I like to mix it up. Anything involving chocolate and/or ice cream is usually (but not always) a sure bet, though I do also enjoy things like apple crisp (with french vanilla ice cream).

44. What is your favorite kind of soup?
I've had this thing for Italian wedding soup in recent years.

45. What kind of jelly do you like on your PB & J sandwich?
I do not like PB&J...only PB...and it's got to be smooth Kraft peanut butter.

46. Do you like Chinese food?
Yes.

47. Do you like coffee?
I don't even like the smell.

48. How many glasses of water, a day, do you drink on average?
If I fill my water bottle and keep it with me, generally 4. No water bottle...no water.

49. What do you drink in the morning?
Milk. Chocolate milk on the rare occasions we get it when we go shopping.

51. Do you sleep on a certain side of the bed?
My left (as I'm lying in it). That's the side my clock radio is on and opposite to the side my husband's clock radio is on.

52. Do you know how to play poker?
Sort of...I didn't do too badly at Texas Hold 'Em during our B.C. field study, but I think that's because we all sucked :).

53. Do you like to cuddle?
Yes, unless I'm preoccupied with trying to get stuff done.

54. Have you ever been to Canada?
I have hardly ever been out of it.

55. Do you have an addictive personality?
Depends what you call an addiction. (chocolate? cola drinks? wasting time on the Internet and generally staying up too late when I know it's going to hurt me the next day?)

56. Do you eat out or at home more often?
Home.

58. Do you know anyone with the same birthday as you?
Yes, including 1 Facebook friend.

59. Do you want kids?
Yes.

60. Do you speak any other languages?
No, though I understand more French than I speak if the pacing isn't too fast.

61. Have you ever gotten stitches?
Yes...chin, wrist and fingers (I was not trying to kill myself...I used inappropriate force with a stubborn window :P).

62. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?
Yes, when we worried that Martin was having another brain injury "incident."

63. Do you prefer an ocean or a pool?
Pool...warmer and zero seaweed. Mind you, I've never swum in the ocean, just lakes and the Dead Sea.

64. Do you prefer a window seat or an aisle seat?
Window.

65. Do you know how to drive stick?
Yes, that's all we've got, and Martin says I'm amazing at it :).

66. What is your favorite thing to spend money on?
Food. If I had more of it I would buy more clothes...got to build that professional teaching wardrobe up, after all ;).

67. Do you wear any jewelry 24/7?
Yes, my engagement and wedding rings.

68. What is your favorite TV show?
TV? What is that? I guess Buffy. There's really nothing I watch on a regular basis anymore; I waste time in front of the computer rather than the TV screen.

69. Can you roll your tongue?
Yes.

70. Who is the funniest person you know?
Hmm...not sure.

71. Do you sleep with stuffed animals?
No, just Martin.

72. What is the main ring tone on your phone?
The one that came with it...some kind of salsa thing.

73. Do you still have clothes from when you were little?
No.

74. What red object is closest to you right now?
Some long-overdue thing I was supposed to send my sponsored child. Whoops!

75. Do you turn off the water while you brush your teeth?
Yes.

76. Do you sleep with your closet door open or closed?
How full are the hampers?

77. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees?
Um...probably the bees.

78. Do you flirt a lot?
I hope not...I be married an' all.

79. What do you dip a chicken nugget in?
Honey, BBQ sauce, or sweet & sour sauce. Usually honey.

80. What is your favorite food?
Does chocolate count?

81. Can you change the oil on a car?
I've never tried...I would need guidance and probably someone with stronger wrists to do any wrenching/unscrewing required, but I'd be willing to give it a shot.

82. Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket?
No. The one time I got pulled over, it was because, according to the cop, they thought my engine sounded noisy. I still don't understand that one.

83. Have you ever run out of gas?
No.

84. What is your usual bedtime?
Sometime between 10:30 p.m. and midnight.

85. What was the last book you read?
As in completed? The Great Hunt - book 2 of the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan.

86. Do you read the newspaper?
If one is handy, I try to flip through the entire thing.

87. Do you have any magazine subscriptions?
No.

89. Do you watch soap operas?
No.

90. Do you dance in the car?
Depends what you call dancing...I've been known to bounce, wiggle and sway the odd time...but mostly I just sing along.

92. Who is in the picture frame closest to you?
My husband and I on our wedding day :). Sitting unframed beside it are pictures of Laura & Andrew and Karen & Dan on their wedding days.

93. What was the last note you scribbled on a piece of paper?
"2735 40"...notes relevant to the Rime Age in realMYST.

94. What is your favorite candle scent?
Vanilla, I think.

95. What is your favorite board game?
Scrabble.

97. When was the last time you attended church?
This past Sunday...but I taught Sunday school, so the last time I heard a sermon was the week before that (unless that was the week I was sick...well, I'm generally there weekly, anyway).

98. Who was your favorite teacher in high school?
Mr. (now Dr.) Seshadri. Wah!

99. What is the longest you have ever camped out in a tent?
Probably about a week. It was in Girl Guides or Pathfinders. The details are fuzzy.

100. Who was the last person to do something extra special for you?
My husband. He made me a whole teapot of After Eight hot chocolate last night (then brought me 2 mugs of it right away) when I was feeling overwhelmed with stuff I was trying to get done.

No comments: