Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Public service announcement: my summer starts later than you think.

Hi, all,

I've had a number of requests to get together with friends in the past "x" number of days. I will save you all the trouble now and tell you that crunch time has officially started at school for me now and I am going to have to put my exciting social life on hold to deal with it. I know, I know, I was at a concert this past Saturday...I made an exception in that case, and crunch time hadn't hit me between the eyes in the same way at the point that I agreed to attend the concert as it has since then. Anyway, I think my last day of classes is May 24 (sometime that week, anyway), and by that point I will be seriously in need of some chill time with y'all.

So, yeah, don't assume that just because school is done for most university people partway through April (or whenever their last exam is) means that I am free...I am not. I am dealing with a unit plan assignment, "learning task 2" (for which my partner and I are going to create a diary/scrapbook for a fictitious teacher as he/she grows in pedagogical understanding), a field trip assignment (for which my partner and I are going to check out the forensics lab downtown - so cool), a group presentation on a chapter in a book I don't want to read, a professional growth portfolio, my practicum binders, several sets of readings and the required responses, two final papers (one of which is going to require me to set up an interview with some teenagers on their use of computer-mediated communication and the Internet and the other of which requires me to do a presentation and summary), finding myself a job for next year, attending a couple PD activities to give my résumé a bit more punch, marking and planning lessons for practicum. It's not that I don't love y'all, but socializing is going to have to be given a much lower priority for the time being :P. That being said, I do still have to have to eat, which is how I justify attending the get-together some people from my program are going to have at Blueberry Hill at lunch today :).

Seeing as I won't be seeing some of you for a while, feel free to drop me a line...you have my e-mail and Facebook location :).

2 comments:

WestsideKef said...

I'm gonna catch up to you again! ;)

Oh, and let's all go for ice cream again when you're done. That was a great idea last time!

Joy said...

Oh, I am thinking something much bigger than going for ice cream. Maybe I'll go for ice cream the day after my last day of classes, but I'm thinking of having a party the Saturday after graduation (the ceremony is June 13, so I'm thinking June 16 for the party).

Catch up to me? You mean in WoW? I wouldn't be surprised...the last couple days I've only allowed myself to log on for about 1/2 an hour to fish in Stormwind (my fishing skill is not where I want it to be considering all the good fishing recipes I'm told are in the expansion pack). I don't dare get into any questing or levelling because it's too easy to spend far more time than originally intended on those activities.