Saturday, February 3, 2007

Feelin' the love :)

Just wanted to thank those who came out to Dairy Queen Thursday evening for a little belated b-day get-together for myself. I didn't call up everyone I knew because after a while I got worried about overwhelming DQ with all my guests, so my apologies if you didn't get an invite (I also didn't want to bother those who lived downtown or out of town). I did realize upon arriving at DQ that it would not have been a problem--we had the whole place to ourselves, since I'm one of the few people who wants to eat ice cream in the kind of temperatures we've had...though there were people who came and went at the pick-up counter, we were the only ones taking up seating space--but by then it was too late.

Since none of you who came back to my place to watch Pirates of the Caribbean II were able to stay until the end of it, let me warn you (in case you decide to rent it to see what you missed) that it has "The Empire Strikes Back" syndrome--that is, none of the plotlines get tied up and it is obviously meant to be continued in the next movie. ("The Empire Strikes Back" is the 2nd movie in the original Star Wars trilogy and leaves viewers unsatisfied because all its plotlines are meant to be tied up in what was the 3rd movie in the trilogy, "Return of the Jedi." Now, of course, the addition of 3 movies that happen before what used to be the 1st movie in the trilogy has turned "The Empire Strikes Back" into the 5th movie and "Return of the Jedi" into the 6th--confused yet?--but the fact still remains that "Return of the Jedi" is the much more satisfying of the two to watch because it finally gives closure to the plot.) I think I knew that a 3rd Pirates of the Caribbean movie is being made, but I did not expect the 2nd movie to be left as open as it was. I hope they stop at #3 and don't keep stringing us along. At least this sequel was actually good, unlike most of the other Disney sequels I've seen. (Lion King 1 1/2? Come on.) Anyway, according to Wikipedia for the 3rd Pirates movie "Disney has announced a global release date of May 25, 2007," so it's not that long before we'll hopefully get some closure to this whole Jack Sparrow thing.

Well, I am off for a while now; I have an 11:30 meeting and then at 3:30 I'm being picked up to go to the party my family is giving for my b-day. The celebrations just never end :). Have a good one, y'all...

No comments: