Wednesday, January 14, 2009

More fill-in-the-blank procrastination

Well, look at that, I got sent another one of those fill-in-the-blank things that claims it helps your friends get to know you by telling them such soul-searching stuff as what you're wearing at the moment. Well, I'm in a mood to play along...

1. What is your occupation right now?
High school math and science teacher

2. What color are your socks right now?
Black. I always wear black socks at work unless the laundry situation does not allow it...I know, I know, black socks never get dirty, but I just can't help but wash them anyway.

3. What are you listening to right now?
The fans pumping mass quantities of heated air into my classroom on this coldest day of the year (until tomorrow)

4. What was the last thing that you ate?
Trail mix

5. Can you drive a stick shift?
Yes, and do so pretty much every day...I get very confused in an automatic car :S

6. Last person you spoke to on the phone?
Someone from the York University Foundation thanking me for the donation I gave way back before the strike started.

7. Do you like the person who sent this to you?
Well, sure, he's my brother after all...you can't not like someone related to someone as wonderful as me ;).

8. How old are you today?
28 (for another 17 days)

9. What is your favorite sport to watch on TV?
Hockey...but I don't even watch that.

10. What is your favorite drink?
Cola (Coca-Cola or Pepsi...I don't usually care which, although I swing one way or another at times)

11. Have you ever dyed your hair?
No. Someone told me it would never come back the same and that scared me off.

12. Favorite food?
Does chocolate count?

13. What is the last movie you watched?
I showed my students part of Lion King the other day. You know you're a teacher when you choose the movie based on its curricular relevancy (we just finished studying ecology).
The last movie I saw in the theatre was The Tale of Disappointment--I mean, uh, Desperaux.

14. Favorite day of the year?
My birthday...in theory. Depends on the year.

15. How do you vent anger?
Depends...is anyone around to hear me?

16. What was your favorite toy as a child?
I spent a lot of time with LEGO, My Little Pony, and Barbie...but I also liked making stuff.

17. What is your favorite season?
Weather-wise, spring, but summer in general. I now have magnets that state the three best things about being a teacher are the month of June, the month of July, and the month of August :).

18. Cherries or Blueberries?
Strawberries.

19. Do you want your friends to e-mail you back?
I like e-mails...

20. Who is the most likely to respond?
*shrug* I hate it when these things ask this question. I think it is meant to guilt-trip someone into answering.

21. Who is least likely to respond?
See above.

22. Living arrangements?
Me and the hubby in a basement apartment we rent from my MIL (who lives upstairs with my 2 SILs)...oh, and the in-laws' cats like to spend a lot of time with us, too.

23. When was the last time you cried?
I don't remember. I thought yesterday I was headed for an exhaustion-induced session, but nope.

24. What is on the floor of your closet?
Stuff that has to be washed and then either hung or laid flat to dry rather than being put in the dryer. Why? Because I'm obsessive like that.

25. Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are sending this to?
I'm posting this online...that's a little different. The friend I still speak to regularly that I've known the longest is Jen.

26. What did you do last night
Came home, sat in a chair with my laptop on in my lap in order to send an e-mail attachment to a colleague, fell asleep in the chair (not having yet sent the e-mail), woke up, heard hubby wake up from his nap in the other room, sent the e-mail, went to Bible study, came home, dithered around on the Interweb for a bit, went to bed.

27. What are you most afraid of?
Failure

28. Plain, cheese, or spicy hamburgers?
Cheese. Preferably (brace yourself) processed cheese. With bacon. And some kind of awesome sauce, like the Baconator sauce (oh, wait, I forgot the Wendy's lady told me that's just ketchup and mayo mixed together).

29. Favorite dog breed?
Something with soft fluffy hair, not wiry/bristly hair. And NOT a Jack Russell or anything wtih a comparable energy. And not yappy. That still leaves the field wide open.

30. Favorite day of the week?
Hmm. I guess Saturday, because I like to sleep in. The feeling of anticipating the weekend and then leaving work on Fridays is nice, but I am usually tired/etc. on Fridays.

31. How many provinces have you been in?
I don't think I've been in Alberta yet (Mom will correct me if I'm wrong), and I definitely haven't been to P.E.I. or Newfoundland...so 7.

32. Diamonds or pearls?
Diamonds.

33. What is your favorite flower?
I don't really have one. Roses are nice to get, but they're expensive :P.

No comments: